Presenting with LiveCode instead of PowerPoint/Keynote

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Mar 18 16:11:17 EDT 2011

I moderate occasional 'Pecha Kucha'-style sessions at our company, where a
number of people present using a strict format of 20 slides, 20 seconds/slide.
  Theoretically you can set this up using PowerPoint or Keynote, but in
practise amalgamating everyone's deck is a pain, and they always send them
only just before the start.  So I use a similar set up to Chris, with a
controller stack on my laptop, and a display stack on the second
display/project.  It's set up to simply work from folders of images, and takes
care of timing, centering people's odd-sized images, etc.

As I naturally hacked it up half-an-hour before the first session, the first
presenters suffered a few glitches.... and some in the second session... but
it works pretty well now, and they've mostly forgiven me.

Ben