Efficiency question for list modification

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Mar 12 18:13:19 EST 2011

You're right. Sorry - I was misled by the docs, which describe the order
of the combine following the description of the 'first' form of the
combine command, and then go on to describe the second form, including
the fact that the keys of the array must be all numeric.  I put 2 + 2
together and got a much too large answer :-(

btw - I did also notice that the docs for 'combine' mention that
'combine by column' etc. was introduced in 2.8.1

-- Alex.