Coding Challenge

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 06:02:14 EST 2011

Oe dynamic you need ot include is the clue sequence.
if 'chris' is ranked 5 in the final configuration,
but is ranked 1st until much later,
then you need to install the higher ranked names later.

If you feed the tree from the top down, the rules won't be as complex,
but how would you know the top names ?

My thought would be to google 'genealogy algorithms' and use some of
those subroutines and ranking.
Perhaps a forum where the discussions go into the details you need.
Parent>child>siblings>children

On Mar 12, 2011, at 12:39 AM, Malte Brill wrote:

> After looking closer at Steffens version there indeed are some
> problems left. Using yours (and adapting it a bit) always returned
> true (but I think this is due to one or two typos I am looking at
> tonight)
>
> Alex: I think I was a bit overenthusiastic when I said I´d works. It
> works in 95% of all cases. Not all yet. :-D So, I will also test
> yours again later today. I need this to work on Monday morning, so
> long weekend will be looooooooong. <g>

Jim Ault
Las Vegas