Position of Answer Dialog

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 9 09:00:40 EST 2011

CreaTECHSol wrote:

> How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> on March 8, 2011 at
> 11:18 AM -0800 wrote:
>>For answer color (and answer printer for that matter) you seem to be out
>>of luck, as these seem to directly trigger the OS API.
>>For answer and ask the suspendStack message is your friend.
>>
>>on suspendStack
>>  if "Answer Dialog" is among the lines of the openstacks then
>>  -- reposition it here
>>  end if
>>end suspendStack
>>
>>Not much help, but maybe useful.

I've been using a frontScript for that, trapping preOpenStack so I can
adjust the loc of the dialog before it's rendered.

But here we find that this is a very different problem:

> It is the Answer Color that I am most interested in.

The color pickers Mark linked to can be good starting points, and you
may also consider using a color picker stack with the popup command -
small-sized stacks work great as graphical popup menus, and getting the
mouseColor during the click to dismiss it should give you what you need
with minimal code.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World