Problem with iRev refresh

Paul Foraker paul.foraker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 01:01:54 EST 2011

Thank you, Sarah, but that didn't work. Safari and Chrome still fail to
reach the PayPal site.

Testing some more, I found an odd error using IE on Windows NT. IE also
fails to go to PayPal, but instead it puts the following URL onto a blank
page:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=D88XBUTK3GS2A&on0=Training+Fee&os0=Full+Tuition
¤cy_code=USD

Note in the last dozen characters, the string "&currency_code=USD" has been
replaced with "¤cy_code=USD" (whatever that character is; can't get its
charToNum).  Is there some special meaning to  "&curren"?

Firefox on Windows works fine.

A standard PayPal button works fine with Safari. Maybe I have to give up and
move the PayPal functionality outside of the LiveCode handlers again. That
would be unfortunate as it means the user has to fill out and submit a form,
and then click another button to go to PayPal.

Hmm...