Scrolling text w/o scroll bars in iOS

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Mar 8 00:03:09 EST 2011

On 3/7/11 9:02 PM, Randy Hengst wrote:
> I'd love to see a specific example of scrolling one text
> field with the iOS scroller showing. I really haven't been able to
> organize the overlay deal.

I just did a quick one, it works fine. Make a copy of the Scroller
Example in the Mobile Resources folder. Edit the main "imageScroller"
group, add a locked field and delete all the images. Put some text into
the field and set the height of the field tall enough to hold all the
text. Mine was 800 pixels high. Set the width to something close to the
width of the scroller control; mine was 300. Set the top of the field to
the top of the scroller; mine was at 4.

Edit the card script. In the "contentRect" part of the preOpenCard
handler, change the dimensions to that of your field:

   iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "contentRect", (0, 0, 300, 800)

That's all I had to do. It scrolls smoothly up and down in the
simulator. You can set the "canBounce" to true if you want it to have
that little bob at the ends that iOS does.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com