OT: On-Rev antispam (& reCAPTCHA)

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Mar 7 16:40:12 EST 2011

They are not entirely useless. If they send a link to a single pixel white gif, and your email is set to download images upon opening, they now have another email address they can add to the "gold" list and sell for more money.

I disable image downloading as standard procedure, only because I have gotten mail from previously unknown spammers after nuking what seemed to be a senseless email from them in the past. It also keeps me from seeing some of the gawdawful stuff they send.

Bob