Potential Data Grid Helper column builder header alignment bug?

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:28:15 EST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Keith Clarke
<keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Does anyone else find that within the DGH column builder, setting Header Alignment to centre introduces ~20px of padding to either side of the column heading box that sits in front of - and can obscure - the heading name/title?
>
> (Also, not that I need it but I notice that right alignment doesn't make the column heading flush-right either, but seems to align to the right less ~20px)
> Best,
> Keith..

Hi Keith,

It is more relative on how the datagrid object displays the header
than a direct issue in DGH.

This padding issue represents the reserved size of the small arrow
icon associated to the header and shown when a column is sorted.

When the size of a column falls under 40 pixels and the header
aligmnent is center or right, the label will be hidden totally or
partially by this reserved size.

I could imagine you have reduced the size of the checkbox column. If
you have no need to sort this column I could demonstrate how to fix
this by changing the default header parent script of the datagrid.

Let me know . I have not my regular LC kit with me, but I could post
this later today.

Best regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)