I need advise on slow start standalone

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sat Mar 5 14:59:09 EST 2011

Hi William,

Use variables instead of fields when at all possible.
You will find that your executable code will pick up
in speed.

If you are just afraid users will think the stack has
crashed, use a progress bar to tell them when everything
has finished loading.  For some weird reason progress bars
make some people a little more patient.

Other than that, try displays and timers in your code to
see which sections are taking the longest to load.  Then
look at the code to see if there is a more efficient way
of accomplishing the same tasks.

Good luck!

Rick