I need advise on slow start standalone

William de Smet williamdesmet at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 09:40:49 EST 2011

Hi there all,

I have a educational standalone which start very slow on OSX and Win 7 (20 sec or longer).The stack has 180 cards and its size is 80 MB. The standalone however is only 8 MB but uses 150 MB of RAM. I know all cards are put into memory on startup.

Is there a way to speed things up? I already set the 'DontUseQT' to true.
I could put all cards as seperate stacks in a folder and call them when needed.
So only then they are put in memory, right?
But this is a lot of work :-(

In addition to this: If I use seperate stacks how do I make sure the individual stacks are not opened in the IDE and used? I know I can password protect them but I don't want them to open at all.

All your advise is welcome!!

greetings,

William