Following up on shell(locale) problem

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Mar 1 16:54:50 EST 2011

Thanks Warren.  I just used the message box on my Mac and got the same (incorrect) output too.  It's good to know if works under Linux though because that makes me think it's an LC bug even more.

I'm currently researching if there's a way to get this info using Applescript (without issuing a shell command I mean) as a means to work around the problem.

Pete Haworth