Combobox

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jun 30 22:30:33 EDT 2011

> Another quirk I just discovered with comboboxes.  Setting the menuHistory of
> a combobox displays the correct choice, but subsequent clicks on the arrow
> to display the choices do not position the list of choices at the displayed
> value, as it does with an option menu.  In fairness, the dictionary does not
> claim it will do that for comboboxes but it seems a little strange that it
> doesn't.

It's actually a cross-platform issue; option buttons on Windows don't pop up
with the selected choice like they do in Mac OS, so from a Windows
perspective, combo boxes and option button are both consistent and the Mac
option button is the "oddity".

;D

I don't usually use LC's combo boxes - I made a custom version of my own
with a field and a truncated option button and I've used that in a handful
of projects.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com