A save question in an app

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Jun 29 19:58:28 EDT 2011

Charles,

No. You can't do that. Not even with Applescript. Currently, you'd need an external to do that.

Usually, I check whether the user deleted the file extension. If yes, then I add the file extension again and check to see if the file already exists. If the files exists, I show the user an error message and leave it with that. The user will have to try saving again and will hopefully have learned not to delete the file extension.

On Mac OS X, you don't really need file extensions. You could do with file type and creator.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com