[OT] Text analysis and author, anyone done it?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 23:46:34 EDT 2011

It can be done statistically. Various methods have been proposed and used.
One general kind of measure is the probability of another word coming, as a
function of the past n words.  Another is to measure the length of gap
between occurrences of pairs of a given word.  There is technical literature
on it, and I guess LC would permit writing something to do it.  Not that its
the best thing to do it in, that seems to be R, but its what I know.

But it would be nice if someone had already done it, in any language.  Save
a huge lot of work.
Peter