LiveCode 4.6.2 Released

Heather Nagey heather at runrev.com
Fri Jun 24 09:19:26 EDT 2011

Dear List Members,

I’m delighted to announce the release of LiveCode 4.6.2 which is now
available to download.  If you have a 4.6 LiveCode license, you will
be able to download this update for free from your account.

In addition to upgrades in the desktop engine and some important bug
fixes, LiveCode 4.6.2 includes the much anticipated release of our
externals interface for iOS. This interface allows you to extend the
existing iOS feature set using a lower level language like C, C++ or
Objective C.  Follow the link below for full information on how to
install this SDK and get started writing your own externals. We’ve
provided some examples for you and helpful video to walk you through
the process.

LiveCode iOS externals: http://www.runrev.com/developers/documentation/externals-sdk/

Full details of all the new features are given in the release notes
accompanying this release.

RELEASE NOTES

The release notes for LiveCode 4.6.2 are available here:
http://www.runrev.com/downloads/livecode/4_6_2/LiveCodeNotes-4_6_2.pdf

The release notes for LiveCode 4.6.2 for Android can be found here:
http://www.runrev.com/downloads/livecode/4_6_2/LiveCodeNotes-4_6_2-Android.pdf

And finally the release notes for LiveCode 4.6.2 for iOS can be
downloaded via this link:
http://www.runrev.com/downloads/livecode/4_6_2/LiveCodeNotes-4_6_2-iOS.pdf

I hope you enjoy all the new features, refinements and fixes in
LiveCode 4.6.2!

Warm Regards

Heather

Heather Nagey
Customer Services Manager
http://www.runrev.com/
LiveCode – Compile Free Coding: The Faster Path to Better Apps