revVideograbber-iSight bug fixed in Mac OS X 10.6.8

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Fri Jun 24 07:49:32 EDT 2011

Good news for those wanting to use revVIdeoGrabber for capturing video
on the Mac. The newly released update to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 fixes a
bug in Mac OS X that resulted in part of the preview window being
covered by a coloured area when using the built in iSight camera.  Bug
report #9215.
This bug appeared in 10.6.5 and remained in 10.6.6 and 10.6.7.

This bug did not affect newer Macs with the FaceTime Camera.

I have tested this on a Mac Book Pro with an iSight Camera and it
works fine.   I would like to hear from others if they are seeing the
same thing.  If anyone else who uses revVideograbber on the Mac can
check this out and report back that would be great.

Martin Koob