Checkbox label

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Jun 23 17:27:18 EDT 2011

Thanks guys.  I had thought of using a separate label but wanted to check
there wasn't a built-in way to do it before going down that path.

I am facing the same issue with group labels as well and will probably solve
it the same way.

In case you're wondering, I'm building a tools palette to allow drag and
drop of some customised controls onto a card.  Part of the scheme is to be
able to place a label for the control to the left, right, top, or bottom of
the control itself.  I use a separate label control for all types of
controls except checkboxes, radio buttons, and groups, hence the question.

I'm probably breaking some Human Interface Guidelines by doing this since
checkbox and radio button labels are just about always on the right but
sometimes window layout constraints dictate otherwise.

Pete