group name persisting

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:43:08 EDT 2011

> as odd finger tricks won't help much (listmom anyone)...

Malte, wish you'd told me sooner. Wasn't sure which finger to use. So
tried them all. But all I got in return for my discomfort were stinky
fingers. BTW, wasn't that the title of a Stones album?

> try
>
> reset the templateGroup
>
> before you regroup the controls.

I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Actually, the ideal solution for what I'm after would be if, after
using the group command, the id of the new group got returned
immediately to the script. Like happens with clone/create command. But
instead was using "last group" as explained in the docs, except I'm
grouping groups so had to instead count backwards the number of
grouped groups. Which worked the first time I grouped the groups but
not afterwards, because the groups get relayered when
grouped-then-ungrouped.

As confusing to describe as it was figuring out what the problem in my
script was.

And another BTW, since its you, Malte who replied. Part of the reason
I'm grouping groups is to use the aeMoveTo command of AnimationEngine
(yeah, AE!!). To recreate a tetris-like effect of a group of tiles
dropping down.

Anyway, as always, many thanks, Malte.

--
Nicolas Cueto