Wondering about LC and HTML5

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jun 20 21:45:22 EDT 2011

Well, I talked with Chris. He said he remembers years ago someone built or
started to build a language tree parser for Rev so they could transcode
Transcript to another language. Once a Transcript language parser is
created, you can move it to other languages-- or so the theory goes.

Chris imagined it would take a couple weeks to do such a thing, assuming not
all tokens were supported, just the main stuff. Of course, language
conversion is only a small part of the problem. I'm thinking one would want
to adopt an Open Source set of Javascript controls and convert them to
DropTools, so they match exactly the look/feel/size of the real thing. Then
each would have a custom inspector which set the properties and methods.

And there needs to be some sort of MVC framework put in place (libraries?).
Still, according to Chris, he believes a lot of what you need to do can all
be done client-side in Javascript-- at least that's a good place to start. I
can imagine a proof of concept HyperCard like demonstration, with different
gui widgets and some biz logic, all running local.

It is food for thought...