Wondering about LC and HTML5

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jun 20 18:21:56 EDT 2011

As it appears more and more companies are starting to focus on HTML5 app
delivery, thus bypassing all sorts of App Stores (see:
http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/15/facebook-project-spartan/  AND excuse
reference to an MG Siegler written article! ;-).

This seems on the surface like a pretty decent strategy for many. Code once,
deliver everywhere. OK, so I know it's not that simple. But we all have
heard the story before. That's why we're here now. Still, a cursory overview
of the industry shows there is nothing as easy as LC for coding up HTML5
apps-- in fact, not even close.

Certainly, we all know LC plugins for browsers isn't the answer. It seems to
me it would be a good idea for LC or someone else to evaluate what it takes
to export to HTML5. Andre, perhaps you may have an idea. Or anyone else. It
sure would solve a lot of problems for all of us in the future-- as more and
more clients are going to want to take their apps to the clouds. In fact,
many of the projects on my plate right now would benefit from a LC to HTML5
plugin.

If someone were to help LC write one, would anyone else be interested in
purchasing it? Inquiring minds would like to know ;-)

--
Chipp Walters
CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc.