the mouseText and Unicode: CONCLUSION

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Sun Jun 19 05:45:14 EDT 2011

Hi Slava,

Congratulations.

It works very nicely and fast. If you add a lock screen/unlock screen you
shave off a couple of milliseconds which would pay off hugely in the long
run for the days you had to spend solving that... :)

Of course I still don't understand unicode so the HTML version I tried was a
measly attempt to solve this. It still works but is slower. I even
downloaded an article from the pravda to test your and my version -> no
difference. Accessing the htmlText of a char is definitely slower than what
you do.

I have the impression that Livecode gets the HTMLText of mixed unicode/roman
texts right just not the chunking etc

Maybe you could even file a bug report with your findings, you have a nice
concise stack that shows the problem and that would remind Runrev of
UNICODE.

I wonder what exactly is the difference of pasted text to any other method
of putting text into the field. Mark did not elaborate on that.

Kind regards

Бернд

(thanks to google)

I don't speak many languages but can make-up the noise of many, does that
count as multlingual? :)