Distinguishing CLI from GUI

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 16 10:45:08 EDT 2011

Mark Wieder wrote:

>> @All: Anyone know a way to run facelessly from the command line in
>> Windows and quit after executing without having Windows think it's an error?
>
> I did point out earlier that the way I execute faceless apps in
> Windows is by hiding the stack in the preOpenStack handler, not by
> using the -ui argument.

I saw that and may try it, but initially I was reluctant to because of
the issues with trying to run that way on Linux servers, which don't
have GUI support.

Forgive my ignorance, but I've never worked with IIS:  Do the server
versions of Windows have a GUI?

The engine loads so face when faceless that I kinda hate to take even a
few extra clock cycles to initialize the GUI, but this isn't going to be
the world's most high-performance app anyway so that's probably me just
being too much of a milliseconds weenie. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World