Distinguishing CLI from GUI

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Wed Jun 15 12:32:28 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, June 15, 2011 11:16:19 AM Richard Gaskin wrote:
> > seems to work as expected with and without -ui. Using this command:
> > ''launchTest -ui -Q some-param -h" launches Opera and creates the file
> > with this line: "launchTest -Q some-param -h".
>
> Thanks for that info.  I've had no such luck in Ubuntu, OS X, or WinXP.
>
> @Mark Weider:  are you able to get "-ui" in any of the $ vars in your
> Fedora setup?

Richard,

Just to point out, although I'm sure you noticed;  while I do get the promised $ vars, which appears to be not
working for you, the "-ui" flag is not being stored here, and it seems you're interested in getting that. That
the $ values exist at all would indicate commandline, but it's not inconceivable that one might want some
conditional behaviors based on whether or not the app is running with a gui, thus storing the "-ui" flag could
be helpful. Such refinement is naturally only useful if the basics can be relied on, though :(

Regards,

Warren