[OT] is the Lion really just a donkey sewn inside an old lion skin?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Jun 12 13:48:43 EDT 2011

Well for one thing, everything Apple in Lion is 64 bit and is DAMN FAST on
my 12-core.  Quite a jump from the old G5 of the same speed.  Granted, there
was not the extra load of all the startup stuff I usually have because I was
running Lion in a dedicated volume, as I was warned by the Dev group, but it
seemed extra stable.

I didn't get a chance to do much with Revolution, but it seemed to be fine
in LIon. Did not try Remo yet.

Multiple instances of Quicktime, crunching DV down to 3 formats in 'Save for
Web", got done before I returned with my coffee.

I also didn't see the dreaded 'spinning pizza' cursor as much or at all
using Lion. It seems like Leopard is doing far more memory swapping ( or
whatever it's doing ) - and I've been seeing that dammed cursor more and
also odd blocking 'breaks' with Leopard.

"Launchpad" is a pretty obvious name. It's possible that it hadn't been
registered before, or Apple registered it in 2002 or something. Apple
probably has a busy department that does nothing but buy domain names and
register trademarks.