find by content with Mac OS

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Fri Jun 10 15:04:20 EDT 2011

I forced Spotlight to re-index. Now it finds-by-content all of the stuff in Apple applications it couldn't previously find. Sorry about the confusion.

For most purposes, exporting LC data to a text file so Spotlight could find it by content would be far more trouble than it was worth. Certainly so in my case.

How hard is it, really, to write some kind of extension or plug-in so that find by content works for LC -- fields, scripts, or whatever?

Cheers,

Tim