Why No Built in GetMyIP call in LiveCode?

Nonsanity form at nonsanity.com
Fri Jun 10 14:15:12 EDT 2011

Neither of the solutions given so far in this thread have worked for my on
my office PC. I just get my LAN 192.168.x.x number. Here's what I use. They
do rely on outside entities, but they are both pretty stable sites that have
lasted a good long time...

[whatismyip.org]
put url "http://www.whatismyip.org" into myExIP

[dyndns.org]
put url "http://checkip.dyndns.org" into resp
set itemdel to ":"
put word 1 to -1 of item 2 of resp into resp
set itemdel to "<"
put item 1 of resp into myExIP

 ~ Chris Innanen
 ~ Nonsanity