find by content with Mac OS

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 07:48:28 EDT 2011

On Jun 10, 2011, at 3:43 AM, James Hurley wrote

> Is there something I am missing? Spotlight doesn't appear to index
> my scripts and I have everything checked in the Mac OS Spotlight
> Preferences.

All versions of Rev and LC do not make the scripts or field data
available for spotlight indexing.
You need to code something that writes your scripts to one or more
'.txt' files that would include the stack name, etc
Of course, since you are writing you own info export, you could add
some good meta data, such as field names or project title, custom
property contents, image names, etc.  You could even export a jpg
screen shot, then...

  a short Applescript could write to the Finder comments of the stack
file and jpg file, and comments get spotlight indexed for all apps.
This means you could use Spotlight, QuickView, & Coverflow to scan
your projects in the Finder.

I don't know the limits for Finder comment lines or chars.

Hope this helps

Jim Ault
Las Vegas