Importing Word documents

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 9 21:45:12 EDT 2011

> Message: 14
> Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 19:37:25 +0200
> From: Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>
> To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Importing Word documents
>
> James,
>
> If "it" is empty, in other words if the shell function doesn't return a value, it means that the textutil command didn't produce any errors. Have a look at the folder containing the original file. It should also contain the new file.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
> KvK: 50277553
>
> New: Download the Installer Maker Plugin 1.6 for LiveCode here http://qery.us/ce
>
> On 9 jun 2011, at 19:29, James Hurley wrote:

Mark and Klaus,

Thanks for your response. This is a new behavior for me, a command creating a file instead of returning a value.

I did find the files you suggested. Same as the original except the suffix is changed from .doc to .rft  That looked promising.

But when I get url "file:theFilePath" of that RTF file in order to import it into a LC field, I get a lot of formatting code in the field. Opening that file in TextEdit  or Word give a much better result.

But it is no where near the formatting quality one gets from copying the text from within Word and then pasting it into a  LC field.

Jim