find by content with Mac OS

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 18:12:27 EDT 2011

On Jun 9, 2011, at 1:47 PM, Timothy Miller wrote:

> My feeble brain seems to suggest that Mac OS find-by-content will
> not find text in an ordinary field in a LiveCode stack (not to
> mention a button or script). I just tried it. OTOH, I don't have
> much confidence in my feeble brain.
>
> Am I right?
>
> If so, is there any way to enable such a feature?
>
> Off-topic, it also appears that find-by-content doesn't find text in
> Stickies, either. I always assumed it would, but never bothered to
> check, until today.
>
> Both items are inconvenient. Normally, I expect more of Apple, and
> Apple usually delivers.

Usually the vendor has to adjust their app to make spotlight indexing
'Allowed' and 'visible'.  Some vendors have created plugins and made
them available for download.

Google "spotlight nabble revolution" to get a better take on the issue.

For OSX QuickView, their are plugins for expanding the formats, eg.
'.php' files

The best solution for now is to have an LC script export to a text
file all the info you would like to have Spotlight available.

Hope this helps

Jim Ault
Las Vegas