find by content with Mac OS

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 9 17:11:19 EDT 2011

Timothy Miller wrote:

> My feeble brain seems to suggest that Mac OS find-by-content will not find text in an ordinary field in a LiveCode stack (not to mention a button or script). I just tried it. OTOH, I don't have much confidence in my feeble brain.
>
> Am I right?
>
> If so, is there any way to enable such a feature?

IIRC (I turned off Spotlight years ago; got tired of the constant disk
thrashing), LiveCode scripts are automatically indexed by Spotlight, but
not field content.

I have no idea why that's how it is; seems a bit backwards to me, but
maybe there's a reason for it.

Anyone know offhand if there's an RQCC request for indexing fields
w/Spotlight?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World