find by content with Mac OS

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 16:58:40 EDT 2011

On 06/09/2011 11:47 PM, Timothy Miller wrote:
> My feeble brain seems to suggest that Mac OS find-by-content will not find text in an ordinary field in a LiveCode stack (not to mention a button or script). I just tried it. OTOH, I don't have much confidence in my feeble brain.
>
> Am I right?
>
> If so, is there any way to enable such a feature?
>
> Off-topic, it also appears that find-by-content doesn't find text in Stickies, either. I always assumed it would, but never bothered to check, until today.

Why would one want to search the content of Stickies notes: "Mum coming
for coffee this afternoon"?

> Both items are inconvenient. Normally, I expect more of Apple, and Apple usually delivers.

Hmmm.  I wonder how many engineers are working at Apple assigned to
doing find-by-content
for Livecode stacks, when, face-the-facts, Livecode does not, yet, enjoy
the "reach" that many other
progging environments do.

Surely Apple's priorities, like most other people, are with the things
that loom large on their horizon.
Until Livecode looms large, it will be pushed aside by bigger fish.