Local files in revBrowser

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Jun 9 09:37:08 EDT 2011

Hi John,

Here are a few clues. If I remember correctly, IE encodes URLs by itself while it may be useful to do this explicitly for WebKit (Safari). While file:/// seems correct on WebKit, you might want to try file://C:\... on IE. Just open an html file directly in IE and see what the address starts with. On Mac, I urlEncode the address and replace %2F with slash and %3A with colon or I build the URL up to the data part (x=a&y=b) and urlEncode the data part separately. After urlEncoding, I also replace + with %20. On Windows, I just keep the original address.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com