What's the syntax to check if a local folder exists?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 10:37:41 EDT 2011

Great, thanks to all who responded!

Blindingly obvious once viewed with hindsight - and as Colin rightly suggests, it seems 'there is' still much I need to learn about the subtleties of the LiveCode syntax! ;-)

I went for a matching pair of one-liners, which worked very nicely:

if there is not a folder "this_folder" then create folder "this_folder"
if there is not a folder "this_folder/that_subfolder" then create folder "this_folder/that_subfolder"

Best,
Keith..