process data in steps of 50 lines

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Jun 7 09:27:10 EDT 2011

Hi Matthias,

Since the data is already in memory, there is no reason to process it in steps of 50. Also, using repear with x =... is very slow. Use repear for each with a counter instead:

put 0 into myCounter
repeat for each line myLine in DATA
  add 1 to myCounter
  // do something with myLine
  if myCounter = 50 then
    // do something special
    put 0 into myCounter
    wait 0 millisecs with messages
  end if
end repeat

You could do it this way if you want to show a progress bar for example. You could also leave the counter out of your script entirely.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com