the hilitedLine of list field isn't highlighted

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 6 12:26:27 EDT 2011

On 6/5/11 12:19 AM, Slava Paperno wrote:
> I have a list field ("MyListField") with a rawKeyDown handler that tells me
> which line is the hilitedLine after every key press.
>
> on rawKeyDown parKey
>    put return&  the hilitedLine of me after msg
>    pass rawKeyDown parKey
> end of rawKeyDown

Probably a typo, but "end of rawkeydown" throws a compiler error. Also,
when passing a message, you don't need to include the parameter(s),
those go along automatically. "pass rawKeyDown" is enough, though I see
it doesn't seem to matter if it's there; likely the engine is ignoring it.

> When I press the Up Arrow and Down Arrow keys, I see in the message box that
> the hilitedLine is changing as expected, but the actual highlight in the
> field is not moving: the top line always remains highlighted.
>
> The listBehavior property is true.
>
> This weird behavior starts when I use this command:
>
> focus on field "MyListField"

I just tested this and it's behaving okay for me. The focus command
doesn't make any difference, the hilite changes normally when arrow keys
are pressed. Your field has "autohilite" set to true, right? Do you have
any arrowKey handlers that might be blocking the arrow keys?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com