How do you build the tabs like in the script editor

Mark Stuart mfstuart at cox.net
Sun Jun 5 23:09:56 EDT 2011

Hi all,
It's a while since I've been on the list but anyway, how would I go about
building the same tab interface (multiple document interface) as the LC
script editor?

As the user wants to open a document, they would have the choice of
overwriting the existing open document, or opening the document on a new
tab. The tab would have a close button on it just like LC's. Each opened
document would belong to one tab.

They user could potentially open as many documents as they want. As the
number of opened tabs exceeds the stack width, two new navigation tabs would
have to display at the far right. This would allow the user to bring into
view those tabs further out to the right, and the other of the 2 navigation
buttons would allow the user to view those tabs to the left.

Anyone done such a thing?

Regards,
Mark Stuart