Windows?

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sat Jun 4 23:32:34 EDT 2011

That is a change then. Here's the same passage from the Vista one:

4.	USE WITH VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGIES.	You may not use the software installed on the licensed device within a virtual (or otherwise emulated) hardware system.

Only the Ultimate version has similar wording to the Windows 7 one.

The upgrade cost from Vista Ultimate to to matching Windows 7 one was over $200, so I never did do it. Also, you can't just install and run WIndows on a new machine, it does eventually license itself, and if anything changes in your configuration, then it becomes unlicensed and you have to contact Microsoft to give them a plausible explanation as to why you are still the licensed user. I had to do that a couple of times with Vista.