Naive Response 666

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Sat Jun 4 14:02:38 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Jan Schenkel wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> You are correct that I could (and should) have more carefully chosen my
> words. In my ten years on this list, I've hardly ever taken up a flamethrower
> to burn someone to a crisp. And I certainly don't want to make it a habit.
>
> Open source is something I do feel passionate about, and I always take
> care to understand and adhere to the license under which something was
> made available. After all, someone put a lot of their time into creating it,
> and these efforts should be respected.
>
> ... snip ...
>
> I offer my apologies to Richmond, who was trying to share the wealth, in
> a way convenient to LiveCode developers. And I thank him for his swift
> correction with regards to the license situation.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jan Schenkel.
> =====
> Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
> www.quartam.com
>
> =====
> "As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time."  (La Rochefoucauld)

I am in 100% agreement.  Now I have a question about displaying the
licensing terms within LiveCode.  Once the library stacks are in place
and accessible from the Development > Image Library menu, wouldn't it
be nice if the stack itself had a link to the webpage of the original
work?  Or, to open the associated folder containing the licenses?
Also, when you insert an icon from a library into a stack, it would be
a pretty cool feature to have a comment of credit automatically
inserted at the top of the stack or card script.

˜Roger