Naive question 666

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 4 13:10:35 EDT 2011

On 6/4/11 12:55 AM, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
> I am gently assembling a fairly large collection of image libraries by
> "stealing" icons
> and so on from Open Source Apps and Icon collections.
>
> But don't know how to export those image libraries so they are portable.

You've already figured this out, but for the record: icon libraries are
just one-card stacks with a bunch of images on the first card. If the
name begins with "rev" and the stack is placed in your LiveCode library
folder, then the Icon Library will load it.

The library path is inside the My LiveCode folder (or whichever folder
you've specified in prefs to hold your customization files,) in
Resources/Icon Libraries.

It isn't difficult to write a quick script that imports all the images
in a folder to the first card. Then just name the library stack starting
with "rev", and pop it into that folder.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com