Naive question 666

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jun 4 12:54:46 EDT 2011

Keith-

Saturday, June 4, 2011, 6:01:47 AM, you wrote:

> Thanks Richmond, but I'm not looking for an example of this working successfully! ;-)

> Rather, I want to understand why the images I import into an
> 'images' card in a 'resources' substack in my app's MainStack don't
> appear in the Image Library automagically - and what I can do to
> rectify this.

Find your user extensions folder. It's where your user plugins folder
is located. In there (not in the Plugins folder itself but in its
container alongside the Plugins folder) you'll find a folder named
"Resources" and in there you'll find "Icon Libraries". If the folders
aren't there go ahead and create them. Copy any stacks of images into
that folder. In that folder I've got two stacks: HyperCard Patterns,
thanks to Mark S., and More Patterns for things I've gathered from
here and there.

Now go to the Development menu of the IDE and select Image Library and
you'll be able to select the image stack in the pulldown menu.

...and notice that if there are image id conflicts you'll get
different images in the viewer than you expect, but if you know the id
you should get the right image when you select it.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net