LC Interaction with Web Browser Instance

Slava Paperno slava at lexiconbridge.com
Sat Jun 4 02:32:57 EDT 2011

Hi Bob!

I've been playing with revBrowser and making discoveries for the past week.
There are people on this list who know these things a lot better than I. But
here is what I would suggest you try--based on what I've learned from these
good folks and tried out myself.

At the end of the JS function that does the calculation, add this statement:

window.location="#?CalcRes=" + CalculationResults;

In the script of the stack card where this revBrowser lives, add this
handler:

on browserBeforeNavigate pID,pURL
   answer pID & " " & pURL
   --add script to verify the pID (revBrowser instance ID) & to parse and
use pURL
end browserBeforeNavigate

That's what I'm using in my current project, and it works like a charm. I
use LC 4.6.1 in Windows 7, 64-bit. I haven't yet built a standalone or tried
on any other platform, but I know that the mobile implementations do not
have revBrowser.

Slava