[mobile:Android] mobileSetAllowedOrientations gives error

Nonsanity form at nonsanity.com
Fri Jun 3 11:10:05 EDT 2011

Am I wrong in thinking this command doesn't exist unless the stack is
running in a mobile environment? In other words...

on preOpenStack
    if the environment is "mobile" then
        mobileSetAllowedOrientations "portrait"
    end if
end preOpenStack

...Will prevent errors when running in the IDE on Windows or Mac, but will
limit the orientations to portrait-only when running on iOS or Android..?

Personally, I'd prefer the language to skip over such commands gracefully
instead of crashing the script when the environment is wrong. Otherwise the
programmer has to encase every such command in an environment check. Ugly...

 ~ Chris Innanen
 ~ Nonsanity