revBrowser, Mac OS X, and Unicode

Slava Paperno slava at lexiconbridge.com
Sun Jul 31 20:21:21 EDT 2011

Jacqueline said:

> But you were right that revBrowser uses the built-in Safari webkit. How
does your page
> look if you open it directly in Safari?

It looks fine--just as I expect it to look, and just the way it looks in my
Windows stack. Unicode Cyrillic is displayed as it is displayed in all
browsers on the Web.

If it turns out that revBrowser in Mac SO X cannot display Unicode, it's
good-bye LiveCode for me.

I've posted this in a forum. Perhaps someone knows what I am doing wrong, if
anything. My one remaining secret weapon, yet to be deployed, is a support
request that I am entitled to submit to runrev because I subscribed to the
dev program.

Slava