Getting someone's age from dob and current year

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Sun Jul 31 15:33:18 EDT 2011

Thanks everyone. I figured the dob problem out and it's now
working. Now I just need to get my substack back. Have there been
stability problems with substacks?

Mike

wrote:

>>> convert tToday to seconds convert tBorn to seconds

It's been talked about before, but this calls for a reminder: attempting
to convert a date prior to Jan 1, 1970 to "seconds" returns "invalid
date" instead of a number in Windows. Don't do this if you are going to
need this to work in Windows! Under Windows, you need to subtract the
birthyear from the current year and determine if the current month/day
is later than the birth month/day and subtract one year if necessary.
Conveniently, this methods does work on all platforms.

> function
doAge tDOB
> -- assumes format of m/d/yy
> set the itemdelimiter to