running an exe from a web server

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Sat Jul 30 20:34:56 EDT 2011

Hi all,

How to I run a .exe file or a mac executeable from a
button - the file of which is on a web server
(http://www.campstaffusa.com/newdb/upcc.exe)?

I want to run a
self-extracting zip file that opens up a live code program to allow the
user to upload their picture to the database, since it will not allow
you to do that in the revlet online player.

I have the program all
zipped up and it is now a self-extracting zip that will run the .exe
file upon automatically extracting. All I need to do is have the person
click the button and run the .exe file.

I wish you could do that with
a live code app - compress everything into one file that can be run -
instead of needing the externals folder and any other .dll's.

Mike