iRev mySQL and a Revdberr?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Fri Jul 29 19:28:04 EDT 2011

Hi All!

I have a basic insert mysql query in an irev file. It manages to
insert the new record but it returns a revdberr too.

The table consists of 5 fields with the last field auto-updated
incrementally.

put "INSERT INTO opentrades (sendtoid, traderid, traderitem,
tradeeitem) VALUES (" & "'" & tTradeeID & "'" &  "," &  "'" &
tPlayerID & "'" & "," & "'" & tMyItem & "'" &  "," &  "'" &
tTheirItem & "'"  & ")"   into tSQL

It works but still returns the short "revdberr" message... I have
another irev file, and update, that does the same kind of thing. It
works, but returns an error.

put "UPDATE location SET xcoord='" & txcoord & "', ycoord='" & tycoord
& "' WHERE id='" & tTargetID & "'"  into tSQL

Anything jump out a miss? Wondering why it would be a successful query
either creating a new record or updating and existing record but still
return an error???

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD