[OT] More Apple Foolishness

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 29 16:58:48 EDT 2011

On 7/29/11 3:24 PM, François Chaplais wrote:
> If I understand well, you will not need iTunes (or even a computer)
> on your iOS devices when IOS 5 will be (soon) released.  After that,
> your mac (I am not sure about other platforms) will be at the same
> level as the IOS devices as far as data storage, synchronization is
> concerned.

I have mixed feelings about putting my data in the cloud. But it doesn't
matter, I've already solved it. It turns out to be pretty easy to set up
your own server/wi-fi solution and I've automated it for use as a
LiveCode plugin. When it is tested and prettied up a little bit I'll
release it to the community. It works with any server and with Dropbox,
and you don't even need to leave LiveCode to use it.

Now that I've done it, I'm not surprised that there are so many similar
solutions in the App Store. It took me an hour to write, anyone could do it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com