Installing iOS SDK and Xcode on Windows 7.

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Fri Jul 29 13:04:49 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Warren Samples wrote:

> On Friday, July 29, 2011 10:09:13 AM Roger Eller wrote:
> > it would be prohibitively slow "in a vm"
>
> Roger,
>
> Have you some disappointing experience running vms? My own experience
> running VirtualBox is that the guest OSs
> run quite snappily. I cannot recommend that one rely on a virtualized OS
> for development purposes because
> certain OS features are bound to be tied to hardware features that the vm
> won't provide. That said, for many
> purposes, including some kinds of testing during development, they are very
> usable and useful indeed.
>
> Best,
>
> Warren

A few years ago, I remember seeing a video of Leopard running in a vm, maybe
even Snow Leopard. It could not utilise quartz/core graphics, and the
hard-drive was not a real partition, there was no 3D acceleration or access
to the video card, so it made the overall system appear slow.  But according
to what the tonymac people are saying, it doesn't have to be this way. They
seem to now have it running natively on brand new i7 machines with high-end
video cards.