memory, buffered images and closed stacks (and groups?)

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 04:03:14 EDT 2011

> 1) Set the 'destroyStack' property of the stack to true. WHen it closes, it should be purged from memory.
>
> The way you can test is to look at "the mainstacks".... if the name of the stack is no longer in "the mainstacks", then it has been closed and purged from memory.

Thanks Ken. Tried your suggestions. The game stack doesn't appear in
the mainstacks, its destroyStack is true, and I do a "delete stack"
even though mainstacks doesn't list the game stack.

And yet, memory values after the game stack has  been confirmed as
closed are 2000 to 3000 K larger than when the game stack was first
opened.

So, I'm still wondering if this memory discrepancy is connected to my
stack crashing immediately before using the command "group" after the
game stack has been re-opened.

--
Nicolas Cueto