[OT] HTML5 Amazingness

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jul 29 02:41:02 EDT 2011

No doubt.

Years and years ago when I was using SuperCard, I was developing an app
called CyberRave that was designed to mimic (as best as one could at that
time) the experience of being at club, hearing dance music, and seeing some
simple effects on your screen (background image changes, simulated laser
lights, etc).  I was also doing a stint with the HI group in Apple's eWorld,
and we concocted a way to hook CyberRave up to eWorld's live chat services,
where special chat commands would trigger the effects on connected systems.
We set up our first rave in house, got the music going, and started sending
chat messages back and forth. It lasted maybe a minute before crashing.  But
it was awesome.

One of the features in CyberRave was a video wall, where a small QuickTime
movie could be made to play cloned across a 16x16 grid, or the single movie
occupying the entire grid.  Seeing the OKGO multi-window experience brought
back fond memories of doing almost exactly the same thing around 15 years
ago...

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director